What to expect
- Maximum of 2 stylists in at any one time
- Distance between stations
- Blocked out extra time between appointments to avoid waiting times and to allow time for disinfecting between each client
- Please have freshly washed (in the last 24 hrs) hair for all spray cut appointments. If your stylist feels hair is not clean, they may ask to wash it before continuing the service. A wash will incur a charge of £10
- PPE worn where necessary or required Our current requirement is a visor minimum
- Emergency PPE provided for clients who do not have their own
- Free cancellations if clients are showing symptoms
- Unfortunately we will not be taking on any new colour clients for the time being This may change soon, we are just trying to catch up a bit with existing clients and we are fairly short staffed
- To keep the salon as safe as possible we will not be doing kids cuts (under 10) at the moment
- We may need to move your appointment forward or backwards by 15/30 minutes to maximise our day, so please keep an eye on email updates on your appointment
What you will do to help us
- Please arrive on time (not too early or late to avoid any waiting times)
- Please clean your hands on entering the salon using the sanitizer provided, we also have hand washing facilities
- Please ENSURE you have booked the right thing with the right amount of time allocated, we know our services have changed so please read carefully.
- Come wearing or bring an old t-shirt to wear as your gown for cutting and colouring services. We will have some disposable capes, but as you know we are an environmentally aware salon and are still going to be doing everything possible to avoid creating a mountain of disposable plastic rubbish This is not obligatory, but just could be useful for colouring services and makes things a little bit easier for us.
- Bring your own PPE (mask/gloves) but we will have some for emergencies
- Do not come if you are showing ANY symptoms
- If you can, bring your own towel, could be useful
- Bring your own refreshments and take your rubbish with you
- If it is absolutely necessary to bring your child please be EXTRA diligent in wandering children’s fingers!
- Priority booking for Key workers where possible
- Please make a note in your booking if you are a higher risk person
Tame the Mane has been due a price increase for some time. We also now have many more things to take into consideration such as fewer stylists working at one time, cost of PPE, and blocked time throughout the day for cleaning. It is going to be different from our usual way of doing business and consequently will be able to do fewer clients throughout the day. To keep our beloved salon alive and to maintain and appreciate our stylists who will be putting themselves at risk everyday, we have increased our prices to reflect this. We do however understand that some of our regulars may have had a difficult time financially over the past few months so please speak to your stylist in advance if you are worried about the cost.
Please consider that this is all new to us and we are trying our best to make the salon safe and supportive to all. We appreciate the support of all our clients and hope that with these things in place we can remain open to continue making you look and feel fabulous once more! Big Love xx